Before your arrival
Checklist of Important Formalities
We have prepared a checklist which should help you organize your stay.
- Apply for a visa, also for accompanying family members
- Start looking for an apartment
- Plan your health insurance
- Take care of formalities for accompanying family members
- If you bring children: inform yourself about day-care options or schools as early as possible
- Important documents
Visa and Entry
As a general rule, foreigners require a visa to enter Germany. You should apply for a visa as early as possible at a German Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
We strongly recommend that you start searching for accommodation as early as possible.
A list of important documents you should bring to Germany.